Everything these 2 smug morons said is objectively and provably false:
- Mitch McConnell, seen as among the most formidable legislative tacticians in the modern era: -23 approval rating
- Nancy Pelosi, seen as among the most formidable legislative tacticians in the modern era: -14 approval rating and oversaw landslide defeat to the Tea Party in 2010.
- John Boehner, passed lots of bills: Hated by everyone, now plays golf all day.
The most powerful group in Congress is the Freedom Caucus, which consistently works to undermine bipartisan legislation and doesn’t actually ever pass anything (or even tries to).
That’s exactly what they said about the Tea Party and fringe, extremist right-wing politicians from 2009 to 2016:
- 2012: Why the Tea Party Failed
- 2013: GOP leaders angry w/ stubborn Ted Cruz
- 2013: The Tea Party Has Become Toxic
- 2013: The Tea Party is Wildly Unpopular
- 2016: The GOP: The New Know Nothing Party?
But thanks to these extremists, the GOP has moved further and further Right– and, moreover– Trump is President and right-wing judges are on the verge of seizing control of the Supreme Court and the federal judiciary.
The most powerful force in American politics today is stubbornness combined with extremism, particularly when everyone else is eager for a deal.
Incidentally, you may recall Rachael Bade was 1st featured in MFP in 2014’s “The Best-Looking Chicks Working At Politico”.