A new bombshell report reveals what everyone already knew– that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about his dealings with Russia.
- Step 1A: Deny it.
- Step 1B: Attack the messenger.
- Step 2: Justify it.
- Step 3: Dismiss it as “old news, nobody cares”.
- Step 4: Once everyone is exhausted and moves on, deny it ever happened.
More vulnerable congressional Republicans will make the following statement, or some variation thereof:
Certainly, it is very concerning, if true. But it is important to wait until we have all the evidence.
Then, once everyone is exhausted and moves on, they will dismiss it as “old news, nobody cares”.
But odds of a Senate conviction is 0%, based on this very simple calculus:
- Congressional Republicans will not support impeachment unless Trump falls below 30%.
- Trump’s Nazi base will not abandon him, therefore, he will not fall below 30%.
Ergo, Trump will not be convicted.
And even if Trump does fall below 30%, Democrats would likely opt to defeat him in 2020 rather than engage in high-risk, high-variance impeachment proceedings.
For the record, MFP currently boasts an 89.1% accuracy rate.