Lebron James at his media session on Monday again called KKK Grand Wizard Donald Trump a “bum”:
It’s not [name calling], it’s uh– you bum…my first initial reaction was, ‘you bum’.
This back-and-forth began when Trump withdrew a back channel invitation to the Golden State Warriors to visit the WH after star PG Steph Curry expressed an unwillingness to attend.
And Lebron was just like:
U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
— LeBron James (@KingJames) September 23, 2017
In response, many elderly retards have threatened to boycott the NBA, not realizing that the NBA doesn’t give a shit:
- (1) They don’t watch the NBA.
- (2) They don’t buy tix, jerseys, or NBATV.
- (3) They’re not in the NBA’s target demographic.
To the last point, the NBA has the youngest and most diverse fan base among the major American sports leagues (soccer, which sucks, excluded):
And increasingly, the NBA is a global brand determined to unlock untapped markets overseas, particularly in Asia…
By the time the NBA’s current $2.6 billion TV deal expires in 2026:
- (1) The elderly curmudgeons threatening boycotts will have died off
- (2) The NBA will have largely transitioned to a global Netflix/WWE Network-like streaming model.
- (3) Lebron personally will have amassed ~$1 billion of fuck you money.
As such, no one associated w/ the NBA gives a shit about these boycotts.