The internetz is financially incentivized to exploit low-information voters via manufacture crises.
The latest example:
- So it begins: US overrun w/ criminal refugees
- Obama on Pace to Reach Target of 10,000 Syrian Refugees
- Obama Allies Import 150 Syrian Refugees
- Obama refugee plan: Welcome All Illegals
- 441 Syrian Refugees Admitted to the U.S. Since the Orlando Attack, Dozens to Florida
- Insane: Obama admin issues NEW decree for eight THOUSAND refugees
“10,000”, “150”, “441”, “eight THOUSAND”.
Actually, Obama has admitted far fewer refugees than Ronald Reagan…
HW Bush’s refugees
|Total||475,056 (1 term)|
|Total||~557,473 (high est.)|
* #’s compiled by AY.
I know what you’re thinking
- “But we’ve never taken in refugees from enemy territory before!!”
Actually, the Soviet Union is widely regarded as our greatest post-WW2 threat, known for its vaunted spy and saboteur network. But George HW Bush took in ~190,583 refugees from Soviet territory during his 1-term presidency (an increase that began under Reagan).
- “But we’ve never taken in so many refugees w/ no documentation!!”
Actually, during the Reagan and Bush presidencies, the US took in ~400,000 “Vietnamese Boat People” w/ no way to verify their identities.
- “But these Syrian refugees rape babies!!”
Actually, there is a 99.99999999999999% chance you will die of heart disease or cancer. If you are wary of minorities, you are infinitely more likely to be the victim of natural-born African-American citizens.
- “Tbh, you’re probably right, but I’m just like…”
Actually, that is a perfectly normal human reaction.