But facing grim reerection prospects following the Gingrich Revolution, Clinton tricked low-information voters by signing the 1994 crime bill and Executive Order 12978.
“La Lista Clinton” put tremendous pressure on Columbian drug cartels and their money laundering operations– in part because of its arbitrary nature:
The Exec. Order prohibits transactions with Specially Designated Nationals, persons listed in the Annex to the order, and other person determined by the Secretary of State and the Attorney General…to materially assist in narcotics trafficking of designated persons or to provide financial or technological support or goods or services that support such activities or persons.
Just so he could get reerected, Clinton was willing to make it harder and more expensive for the rest of us do get good quality cocaine.
But thankfully, market forces circumvented Clinton’s efforts:
The price of cocaine has dropped between 80 and 90 percent over the last three decades.
[Drug kingpins] concocted clever risk-spreading mechanisms. Multiple producers broke their shipment into segments and pooled them together, so that a single interdiction couldn’t deliver a devastating economic blow to any one of them. [Pablo Escobar, for example] offered insurance to smaller traffickers: For a 10 percent fee, he would replace any seized drug shipments. All of these moves drove down the cost of delivering drugs to the market, and the drug lords passed those savings on to the consumer.
The Left’s unconstitutional limitations on the Second Amendment also helped:
33 percent of the price of cocaine went toward compensating smugglers and dealers for the risk of violence [in the 90’s]. Gun violence is way down since that time, so dealers…aren’t demanding the same risk premium.
Ultimately, except for African-Americans swept up in the Private Prison Industrial Complex, all’s well that ends well.
MFP accurately ranks drugs
- (1) Cocaine: It’s like dating Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons.
Nothing will ever compare to her. No other woman can ever measure up. It’s all downhill from here, and you have to accept that.
- (2) Adderall: It’s like dating Kaileigh Brandt— she’s genetically perfect, but you will always want more than she can give: 1st it’s BJ’s, then hair-pulling, then you wanna put it in her A, then it’s ATM…
I have two pairs of sweatpants on by the way pic.twitter.com/zH1YzgsgFr
— Kaileigh Brandt (@kaileighbrandt) January 1, 2017
- (3) Weed: It’s like dating Carmen Callaway– she beautiful and fun and you kinda wanna spend the rest of your life with her?? But dude, she flirts with everybody! It makes me paranoid.
- (4) Meth: It’s like Abella Danger. She’s so trashy and gross and hot and gross and irresistible and disgusting and amazing and gross.
Lmfao I know my mom knows that https://t.co/uH7PStf4mf
— Danger (@Abella_Danger) September 3, 2017
- (5) Shrooms: It’s like dating an Asian chick.