“Plan C” is DOA, so now the 2 sides play chicken.
Trump and HHS Secretary Tom Price will accelerate efforts to sabotage the Obamacare markets to force Democrats to the table. Meanwhile, Democrats will refuse to cooperate unless the GOP rules out repeal.
Ultimately, Trump has 3 choices:
- Sabotage Obamacare, and hope Democrats take the blame for it in 2018.
- Work w/ Democrats to stabilize Obamacare, and revisit the issue post-2018.
- Work w/ Democrats to fix Obamacare, rebrand it “Trumpcare”, and take credit for a “great” plan.
If I had to guess, I suspect the outcome will be some retarded, incoherent combination of all 3.
Paul Ryan & co. ate all that shit for nothing.
- Rush: Paul Ryan sabotaging Trumpcare.
- Mark Levin: Paul Ryan sabotaging Trumpcare.
- Laura Ingraham: Paul Ryan sabotaging Trumpcare.
At the urging of Breitbart and talk radio, Ryan literally begged his caucus to pass a bill he found ideologically repellent, at great political cost.
For fucking nothing, as it turns out.
John Boehner totally called it.
All this happy talk that went on…repeal, repeal, repeal…I started laughing.
Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS) sums it up.
— Dan Zak (@MrDanZak) July 18, 2017
Fox News Propaganda Ministry did their best but
SPOTTED: 2018 campaign slogan? pic.twitter.com/lRZjBI8bT7
— Sven Henrich (@NorthmanTrader) July 18, 2017
My new life motto: https://t.co/HuO6TLMJex
— Tré Goins-Phillips (@tregp) July 18, 2017
Make America Great Again Eventually https://t.co/G8XeMzgouh
— Emily Anthes (@EmilyAnthes) July 18, 2017