House Speaker Paul Ryan on Monday pushed back on WH attempts to leave him holding the bag for Trumpcare:
We’re working hand in glove with the WH. We meet with them constantly, daily. We worked on this bill T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R! We jointly drafted this legislation…the President’s all in on this.
tfw it dawns on you that you’re being set up as the fall guy…
Because CAFE standards, k.
To recap, here’s what led to Trump throwing Ryan under the bus…
- For two years, Trump campaigned on universal healthcare…
- After winning the erection, Trump insisted Ryan’s Obamacare replacement cover preexisting conditions, children up to 26, and subsidies for the poor— resulting in an even bigger clusterfuck than Obamacare.
- Eager to notch his 1st victory, Trump threatened to primary any Republican that opposed his bill.
- But after Trumpcare proved unpopular, the WH began rebranding Trumpcare as “RINOcare” or “Ryancare”.
- Soon thereafter, Trump insiders began publicly attacking Ryan.
- In a total coincidence, Breitbart’s Ryan hit piece came out at the same time.