El Rushbo reax to “Trump Hopes Russia Finds Hillary’s Emails”-ghazi:
If the Russians had somehow hacked the DNC, I don’t think [David Gregory] would be nearly as outraged…you’d probably be running stories ‘what else are the Republicans hiding!?’.
To Rush’s point, you may recall that when Sarah Palin’s emails were hacked in 2008– she was then the VP nominee of a major political party, potentially just 2 months out from taking office– the media at the time responded w/ near-universal giddyness and snark…
- NYT: Palin has faced criticism for reportedly using her private address to conduct government business
- John Paczkowski: Serves You Right for Using Yahoo Mail
- Wired: Palin’s email hacker says it was easy
- ZDNet: Hacking Sarah Palin’s email was easy
- Time: This is not the first time computer habits have become an issue for the McCain-Palin team
- Gawker: Sarah Palin’s Personal Emails
- Wired: Never mind the disastrous interview with Katie Couric
- Tech Herald: The cat is out of the bag
- College Candy: Yahooops!
- Slate: Not a good idea for politicians to use personal email accounts
Which is to say, the media are fucking assholes.