Credit Mark Levin Show.
Levin, on Trump’s trade speech:
Historical illiterates…want you to believe Trump is Reagan when it comes to his [trade] policies. No he’s not! He’s not even close!
He’s more Hillary Clinton, he’s more Bernie Sanders!
For a self-proclaimed authority who accuses others of historical illiteracy, Levin is comically unaware of Reagan’s record on taxes and trade…
- Raised payroll tax.
- Raised social security tax.
- Raised gas tax.
- Extended cigarette tax.
- Extended telephone excise tax (in direct violation of campaign promises)…
- Imposed 100% tariff on Japanese electronics.
- Imposed heavy tariffs on Japanese motorcycles to protect Harley Davidson.
- Favored restrictions on Japanese cars: “Deluge of cars must be slowed while our industry gets back on its feet”.
- Fought to increase executive authority to fight trade wars.