re: NYT’s story claiming Marco Rubio and the Gang of 8 sold him on amnesty over dinner…
I was indeed invited to a dinner…I accepted. I would have been a fool not to. It was a learning opportunity…I have no idea how this leaked. I was asked to keep it off the record.
(Chuck) Schumer and (Lindsey) Graham did put on the full court press.
Limbaugh doesn’t recall Rubio’s presence, but the NYT does.
- 1/29 Marco unveils Rubiocare on Rush’s show
- 2/7 Rush heaps praise on Marco: “He is the real deal!”
- 3/6 Rush lists Marco as one of his favorite conservatives
- 4/4 Rush happily takes Marco’s call, ignores Rand Paul
- 4/18 Rush: I can’t ask Marco any tough questions because it might “curb his enthusiasm”
- 4/29 Rush assures listeners Marco doesn’t really support amnesty
- 4/30 Rush: Marco doesn’t support amnesty, he’s just young and “naive”
- 6/12 Rush defends Marco’s border security lies
- 6/13 Rush feels “played” by Marco
- 6/13 Rush: Marco is taking advantage of my goodwill, “insulting my intelligence”
- 6/14 Rush disappointed in Marco: “This is painful for me”
- 6/21 Rush: Marco does not want to secure the border
- 6/27 Rush: Marco “literally depresses the hell out of me”
I’m HIV positive there was another off-the-record dinner between June 2013 and April 2015.