Sean Hannity Show.
SH: We waited way too long to get involved in World War II.
PB: The Russians lost 27 million, and we lost 400,000. Would you really have wanted to get into the war against Germany and Japan [earlier]–
SH: No, but I am saying…you see the expansionism and the pure brutality and evil…there is a point where YES, it does become a united world responsibility.
In The Unnecessary War, Buchanan disputed the notion that Hitler was intent on world domination…
If Hitler was out to conquer the world…why did he spend three years building that hugely expensive Siegfried Line to protect Germany from France? Why did he start the war with no surface fleet, no troop transports and only 29 oceangoing submarines?
Why did he let the British army go at Dunkirk? Why did he offer the British peace, twice, after Poland fell, and again after France fell? Why, when Paris fell, did Hitler not demand the French fleet, as the Allies demanded and got the Kaiser’s fleet? Why did he not demand bases in French-controlled Syria to attack Suez? Why did he beg Benito Mussolini not to attack Greece?
Because Hitler wanted to end the war in 1940.
As a libertarian, I am inclined to err on the side of non-intervention.
- But then I’m like, “What about the 6 million Jews?”
- But then I’m like, “Yeah, but what about the millions of people Stalin killed? How come you don’t care about them?”
- But then I’m like, “Oh, shit. That’s true. Why is that?”
- And then I’m like, “Uhhhh, gee, I don’t know. Maybe because Steven Spielberg and Hollywood aren’t constantly making movies about it!??”
- But then I’m like, “Woah, woah woah! I don’t like where this is going.”